The Port Authority's Noise Office has officially launched a new website dedicated to aircraft noise information
The fast, easy way to file airport noise complaints
TVASNAC was organized to represent the member villages from the Town of Hempstead with regard to the issues of aircraft safety and noise. The current member villages are: Atlantic Beach, Cedarhurst, East Williston, Floral Park, Garden City, Hewlett Harbor, Lawrence, Long Beach, Malverne, New Hyde Park, Stewart Manor, Valley Stream and Woodsburgh.
- Stay interested and involved
- Contact elected officials and let them know your position regarding airplane noise, and do so often
- Log your complaints with The Port Authority and the FAA … as often as needed
- Primarily responsible for operation of airports: JFK and LGA
- Responsible for air traffic from airport to 8 miles out
- Call New Noise Complaint Hotline: (718) 244-3881
- Responsible for setting standards of altitude and flight patterns of aircraft departing and arriving airports.
- E-mail: 9-AEA-NOISE@FAA.GOV
Information needed to log complaints
- Your name and address
- Port Authority Hotline: 1 minute to record your complaint
- Keep it simple: ex. “Low flying plane, departing JFK over my house at 11:15PM”
- If you happen to see the name of airline or know the type of aircraft, include it
- FAA: e-mail should also be short and to the point with as much info as possible
to visit this website
Thank you for visiting the Village of Woodsburgh Website
Copyright © 2016 Woodsburghny.com. All rights reserved.