The Port Authority's Noise Office has officially launched a new website dedicated to aircraft noise information
to visit this website
30 Piermont Avenue - Hewlett, NY 11557
Thank you for visiting the Village of Woodsburgh Website
Tel: (516) 295-1400 | Fax: (516) 295-1406Lee A. Israel, MayorEmail: Info@WoodsburghNY.com
TVASNAC was organized to represent the member villages from the Town of Hempstead with regard to the issues of aircraft safety and noise. The current member villages are: Atlantic Beach, Cedarhurst, East Williston, Floral Park, Garden City, Hewlett Harbor, Lawrence, Long Beach, Malverne, New Hyde Park, Stewart Manor, Valley Stream and Woodsburgh.
- Stay interested and involved
- Contact elected officials and let them know your position regarding airplane noise, and do so often
- Log your complaints with The Port Authority and the FAA … as often as needed
- Primarily responsible for operation of airports: JFK and LGA
- Responsible for air traffic from airport to 8 miles out
- Call New Noise Complaint Hotline: (718) 244-3881
- Responsible for setting standards of altitude and flight patterns of aircraft departing and arriving airports.
- E-mail: 9-AEA-NOISE@FAA.GOV
Information needed to log complaints
- Your name and address
- Port Authority Hotline: 1 minute to record your complaint
- Keep it simple: ex. “Low flying plane, departing JFK over my house at 11:15PM”
- If you happen to see the name of airline or know the type of aircraft, include it
- FAA: e-mail should also be short and to the point with as much info as possible
Copyright © 2016 Woodsburghny.com. All rights reserved.